Increase Breast Milk Production With Lactation Cookies
If you’re one of the many mums who worry about low breast milk production, you’ve come to the right place. We at Milky Mothers are here to help you generate enough breast milk for your baby with our lactation cookies—we’ve got a variety of them—and also give you some tips on how to increase breast milk production. So sit back, relax and pore through some of the tips we’ve culled from various sources online.
1. Breastfeed when baby is hungry. Your baby will have to eat 8-12 times a day in the early weeks. So when your baby sends out signs of hunger, breastfeed. Besides, frequent breastfeeding triggers milk production.
2. Ensure that baby is latched well. Having your baby latching well on your breast and sucking rhythmically triggers your milk-producing cells to start producing breast milk.
3. Switch breasts during feeding. Let your little one finish the first side before offering the other side. It’s been found that switching breasts when nursing increases milk supply.
4. Empty your breasts at every feeding. This is the law of supply and demand. The more frequent and thorough they’re emptied, your body is prompted to make more milk fast.
5. Get lots of sleep and eat healthy. This is very important for nursing mums. Sleep when you’re sleepy to recharge. Ask your healthcare provider for the best diet for a nursing mum like you. Offhand, choose foods that are rich in protein, like lean meat and eggs, plus eat lots of fruits and veggies.
6. Avoid pacifiers and bottles. Early pacifier and bottle use can lead to decreased milk supply. Besides, suck technique is different for bottles and pacifiers compared to the real thing and might cause nipple confusion for babies resulting in poor latch that will impact your milk production.
7. Pump it up. Pumping breastmilk after feeding will stimulate your body to produce more breastmilk, helping you build up your milk supply.
When breastfeeding, you should not forget to take care of yourself too. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids, and eat healthy—and that includes having a lactation cookie from Milky Mothers! Milky Mothers has a variety of lactation cookies that are filled with galactagogues or milk boosters as their main ingredients, plus vitamins and minerals. It is formulated to help you produce more milk! Check out our offerings at milkymothers.com.au.